Security & Privacy
To keep your data safe, we use a variety of methods, including passwords, encryption technology and secured networks.
- Passwords: We ask you to come up with a password when you create an account on our website. It's an additional password, but it will help keep your data safe. Keep your password confidential and make it something that would be difficult for others to guess.
- Encryption: We also keep your data safe using encryption technology called Secure Socket Layer (SSL) software. This helps protect your information (name, address, credit card info, etc.) when you enter it on our website and during its transmission across the Internet.
- Security Standards: Keeping your credit card info and other payment methods secure is especially important to us. That's why we meet or exceed all applicable requirements of the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS), which is a set of security standards created by the credit card industry designed to keep cardholder info safe and secure. Our PCI DSS compliance is validated by independent third-party assessment. We also use other methods, including firewalls, to keep your information as secure as possible.
You know that we collect and maintain some of your information. For example, you provide your name, address, phone number, email address, credit card information and other data when you place an order, enter a contest or giveaway, request a catalog or make use of other aspects of our website. What do we do with this information? Among other things, we use that info to communicate with you, collect payment for products you purchase, respond to your questions, send information, promotions and catalogs to you, and to customize your shopping experience. We also may receive and use data about you from other sources and add it to our account information. For example, we might get an updated delivery address from one of our shippers.
We may use your email address to communicate with you and for our promotional email marketing. You should notice amazing deals and promotions in your in-box! Instructions on unsubscribing are also included in every email.
Because we have your mailing address, we may send you catalogs packed full of fun and amazing values. Just an FYI, you might receive our catalogs and other catalog titles from us or our affiliates. From time to time, our catalog mailing list may be shared, rented or exchanged with other responsible businesses, vendors and service providers.
When you visit our website we also collect information about your utilization and navigation. This information helps us to design the website to better suit our customers' needs. We may use your IP address and share it with service providers to help diagnose problems with our server, administer the website, analyze trends, track visitor movements, and gather broad demographic information that assists us in identifying visitor preferences.
We want to be clear about what we're doing with your information:
- We do not rent or exchange your email address, but we may use it as described in this policy and share it with our affiliated businesses, vendors and service providers, and with merchants whose websites link with ours.
- We may share, sell, transfer or assign customer information in connection with a merger, consolidation, sale of assets, joint venture, partnership, consulting engagement, service provider, or other business transaction or contract.
- We will also share your customer information with OTC+ merchants from whom you purchase products.
- Personal information collected through the SMS program, won't be shared, sold or rented to third parties for their own marketing purposes.
- Third-party businesses may also use or have access to your information when we engage them to send mail and email, analyze data and customer lists, conduct marketing, process accounts receivable, and other functions. That information may include your IP address, navigation and details about your purchases, and it may be used to target advertising on other sites or applications. You can opt out of receiving targeted advertisements by visiting one of the following websites:
- Network Advertising Initiative (NAI): www.networkadvertising.org/choices
- Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA): www.aboutads.info
- Some internet browsers have a "Do Not Track" (DNT) feature that lets you tell websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. We currently are not able to interpret or respond to DNT signals, but we do provide you the option to opt out of interest-based advertising outlined in the paragraph above.
With the most up-to-date information, we can make sure we're delivering the merchandise you ordered to the right spot! You can update your billing information or shipping information by accessing your account in the My Account section. There also is an email address update link in every promotional email that we send you.
- Social media widgets: We use social media features including the Facebook Share button, and Pinterest and Twitter widgets. First off, what's a widget? Well, it's basically a doorway to an app on your device. You can peek inside (look at information) or walk through (open and use the app). These features and widgets may collect information such as your IP address and which specific page you're visiting on our website through cookies or tracking technologies. A third party might host these features, and interactions with them fall under the third party's privacy policies.
- Social media ads: We're all used to seeing targeted ads on our social media feeds. We use them, too. These targeted ads follow the policies of the social media platform that they're on.
Our website does not sell products for purchase by children. Many of our products are toys designed for kids to play with or craft kits meant for kids, but these products are intended for purchase only by adults. So if you're under the age of 16, you should ask your parent or guardian to navigate the website for you.
Our website conducts business solely in the United States. Our website does not offer goods or service to subjects of the European Union, does not accept orders from subjects in the European Union, and does not monitor behavior of subjects in the European Union for subsequent data processing, profiling or predicting personal preference, behaviors or attitudes.
Nevada law allows Nevada residents to opt-out of the sale of certain types of personal information. Subject to a number of exceptions, Nevada law defines "sale" to mean the exchange of certain types of personal information for monetary consideration to a person for the person to license or sell the information to additional persons. We do not currently sell personal information as defined in the Nevada law. However, if you are a Nevada resident, you still may submit a verified request to opt-out of sales and we will record your instructions and incorporate them in the future if our policy changes